I love quotes. They are quick, little moments of inspiration that can brighten my day or give me an energy boost at a low point in my mental energy! I have put together a few of my favorites which are good quotes about success and valuing yourself
These quotes give me the kick in the butt that I sometimes want and need to get me out of a slump:
1. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “If this is something that you really want to do, if you believe in it…simply keep forging forward because success will come.” — Cassandra Sanford
3. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so that you can know who you are.” — Maya Angelou
4. “Please know I am quite aware of the hazards. I want to do it because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.” — Amelia Earhart
5. “If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.” — Nora Roberts
6. “Be mindful that the world that you want to live in and that you need to live in needs you to create it; it needs your input. The world needs to hear what you have to say. The last word has not been spoken.” — Beah Richards
7. “If you risk nothing, then you risk everything.” — Geena Davis
8. “Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” — Mary Tyler Moore
And, these good quotes about success always bring a big smile to my face!
9. “If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.” — Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
10. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” — Katharine Hepburn
11. “If trying harder doesn’t work, try softer.” Lily Tomlin
12. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” — Coco Chanel
13. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” ― Helen Keller
14. “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” —Anne Sweeny
15. “Live your life so outrageously out loud that the neighbors complain about the noise.” — Valerie Albarda
16. “Devote today to something so daring even you can't believe you're doing it.” — Oprah Winfrey
What are some of your favorite quotes? I would love to hear from you!
I am Dr. Barbara Mark, an executive, career development and life strategies coach for professional women in their 40s, 50s and 60s - the prime of life and the most dynamic decades of your professional life! If you would like some support in your career and/or your life please feel free to schedule a free consultation with me or sign up for my newsletter.
San Francisco Bay Area